To: Kristof Szasz <email@example.com>
From: Anouk Ayala <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Solar power options
Date: January 25
Dear Mr. Szasz:
Thank you for your recent e-mail requesting recommendations for solar power options for your ceramics company. Before I make a recommendation for which company would best serve your needs, could you answer these questions?
1. How flexible is your budget for solar panel purchase and installation?
2. What is your time frame? The government plans to provide financial incentives toward the cost of installing solar power that will take effect in about two years.
3. What is the configuration of your property? If you have the space, you could choose to install solar panels in a parking area or on the ground. The first choice consists of canopies over your parking lot, while the second choice is great for large, unused areas.
4. What kind of roof do you have? A flat roof is not ideal. Neither is a roof that has a lot of equipment on it. as there is not enough room for large solar panels.
5. Are you planning on expanding your business in the future?
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
To: Anouk Ayala <email@example.com>
From: Kristof Szasz<firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: RE: Solar power options
Date: January 27
Dear Ms. Ayala:
Our company headquarters is located outside of the capital city. The ceramics factory occupies approximately one-half of our property. To ensure sufficient cooling, much of the roof space is taken up by industrial-sized air-conditioning units and venting silos for our ovens. The rest of our property contains a sizeable parking lot, because there is no public transportation in the area, and our 150 employees must drive to work.
The solar power business we choose should be well established. We have an inflexible deadline for our current project, so I am willing to sacrifice money to get the panels installed as soon as possible. I hope these answers help you with your recommendation.
Based on a recent customer Survey, these four solar power companies in the capital city area are rated the most successful.
|Very low cost; a very stable company
| All types
|Superior quality; very thorough; but a bit slow
| Parking areas
|Fast turnaround; but quite expensive
| Cannot begin until March